NYDocSubmit is a mobile application that allows certain applicants and recipients in Putnam County to take pictures of their documents and submit them to their local district office using their Apple iOS or Android phone or tablet. There is no need for the individual to take time off from work, stand in line or travel to the district office to drop off documents.
Important: NYDocSubmit is not monitored for emergencies and is not to be used to submit an application or to submit a periodic report.
Which Social Services programs does NYDocSubmit support?
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Temporary Assistance (TA)
What type of documents can be submitted using NYDocSubmit?
- Citizenship Status
- Proof of Income
- Medical Documentation
- Proof of Household
- SSN or proof of a SSN application
- Other Documentation
What type of documents should not be submitted using NYDocSubmit?
NYDocSubmit should not be used to submit sensitive information, such as:
- Child Protective Services (CPS) case information or to report suspected child abuse or maltreatment.
- Documents that contain HIV information.
- Domestic violence information.
- Addresses that must remain confidential to safeguard any member of an applicant’s or recipient’s household.
What technology support is available for NYDocSubmit?
The Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) Service Desk supports NYDocSubmit.
Service Desk contact information:
Phone: (844) 891-1786
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
What is needed to use NYDocSubmit?
- An Apple iOS or Android phone or tablet with a working camera and data or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for “NYDocSubmit” (one word).
- Click on GET or INSTALL.
- An existing or new NY.gov ID from gov ID.
Note: The NYDocSubmit requires individuals to use the latest version of the application to successfully upload document images.
How to submit document images using NYDocSubmit?
- Select preferred language.
- Search and select Westchester to submit documents.
- Select one Program Area (SNAP, TA, HEAP or MA)
- Select Document Category.
- Capture the image of the document. Images will be subject to review and validation by the district.
- Enter identifying and contact information:
- Enter submission details (at least one field is required):
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Client Identification Number (CIN)
- Case Number
- Date of Birth
- Confirm or edit the information and submission details.
- Submit the document.
- A confirmation screen will appear following a successful upload (i.e., no “receipt” will be sent).
- The individual should wait to receive the confirmation screen before submitting another document or closing the application, e.g., “swipe the screen.”