Putnam County Mental Health Services:
- Reviews services and local facilities for those residents of Putnam County who require Mental Health, Alcoholism & Substance Abuse, or Developmentally Disabled Services
- Determines the needs of these populations in Putnam
- And, encourages programs of prevention, diagnosis, care, treatment, social and vocational rehabilitation, special education and training, consultation, and public education on these services.
Other services include:
- Developing a program of local services for Putnam, establishing long-range goals of the local government in its programs for the residents of Putnam County who require Mental Health, Alcoholism & Substance Abuse or Developmentally Disabled Services; and developing intermediate range plans and forecasts, listing priorities and estimated costs.
- Directing and administering the development of a local comprehensive plan for those residents who require Mental Health, Alcoholism & Substance Abuse or Developmentally Disabled Services in Putnam, which shall be submitted to New York State and used, in part, to formulate a statewide comprehensive plan for services.
- Seeking to assure that under the goals and the plans required, all population groups are adequately covered, and sufficient services are available for residents who require Mental Health, Alcoholism & Substance Abuse or Developmentally Disabled Services. Also, that there is coordination and cooperation among local providers of services, that the local program is integrated and coordinated with the programs of the Department, and that there is continuity of care among all providers of services.