Putnam County’s 2019 Summer Internship Program
Putnam County Executive MaryEllen Odell invites high school Juniors/Seniors, undergraduate and graduate students to apply for paid & unpaid summer internship opportunities with Putnam County government.
- explore a potential career field and develop career-related skills;
- demonstrate to college and/or graduate school admission counselors and future employers your motivation to learn and build experience in your field of study or area of interest;
- establish pre-professional experience;
- develop personal contacts in your field of interest;
Interns selected will be matched, to the extent possible, with work opportunities in Putnam County government that align with the student’s interests and/or field of study. Internships are available in most County departments.
Whether paid or unpaid, join Putnam County’s team during the Summer of 2019 in providing vital services to our constituents.
- Provide high school, college and graduate students with an opportunity for an enriching summer work experience.
- Provide our youth with access to County government professionals and an opportunity to gain insight and experience from working in local government service activities.
- To plant seeds for possible future employment and potential future leaders for our County government.
Program Period: May – August 2019, with flexible starting and ending dates, depending upon student availability, to a maximum of 8 weeks within such period.