4-H Junior Vet Series Wednesday evenings * 6:30-7:45 pm * 7 Weeks
Program Partners: South Putnam Animal Hospital, Mahopac, NY; Trained by Teresa at Tilly Foster, Brewster, NY; Brook Farm Veterinary, Patterson, NY; North Fork Stables, Putnam Valley, NY; and Companion Pet Hospital, Carmel, NY.
- Oct. 4
- Oct. 11
- Oct. 18
- Oct. 25
- Nov. 1
- Nov. 8
- Nov. 15
In this hands–on, enrichment program, youth will:
- Discuss a variety of different animals including, dogs, cats, alpacas, sheep,
pigs and horses.
- Learn about animal nutrition, dentistry, microscope use, bloodwork, and animal behaviors while shadowing local veterinarians.
- Discover STEM related careers in Veterinary Science and Medicine.
This program is open to any Putnam County Youth, Ages 9-14 Years Old Limited to 14 Youth on a first come, first serve basis.
Registration Fee: $110.00 Non 4-H Members; $80.00 for Putnam 4-H Members* Non-Refundable
(includes 4-H Enrollment & Materials)
This program may not be suitable for youth with respiratory issues and/or animal related allergies, etc.
Paid registration reserves your spot—Prior participants not eligible.
PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE Using Link Below or Mail in This Registration Form
Are you and your family prepared for an emergency?
This training course will provide an introduction to
responding to a natural or man-made disaster.
Each participant will receive a certificate, a Z-card and
learn how to make an emergency preparedness kit.
This is a free event, open to the public. Registration is required.
Putnam County Composite Squadron
This event is hosted by Civil Air Patrol.
Call 845-225-8585 or register online @ www.kentlibrary.org
Kent Library, 17 Sybil’s Crossing, Kent Lakes, NY 10512
PUTNAM COUNTY SWCD In conjunction with Dutchess County SWCD Present a
CONTRACTOR EROSION & SEDIMENT CONTROL TRAINING
The Putnam County Soil & Water Conservation District will be hosting a 4-hour Erosion & Sediment Control Training for Contractors, Developers, Engineers and individuals involved in soil disturbance activities Under the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation’s Stormwater Permit, all developers, contractors and subcontractors must identify at least one trained individual from their company that will be responsible for implementation of the SWPPP, and have at least one trained individual on site on a daily basis when soil disturbance activities are being performed. Also, developers must have a qualified inspector conduct regular site inspections in accordance with the construction general permit. Training is good for 3 years.
JULY 28, 29 & 30
FREE PARKING & ADMISSION
PUTNAM COUNTY VETERANS MEMORIAL PARK
201 GIPSY TRAIL ROAD, CARMEL
OF PUTNAM COUNTY
Animals • Games • Food • Entertainment
Exhibits • Touch a Truck • Chicken BBQ
Country Auction • Fishing Contest
Master Gardener Plant Sale
We are looking for donations of new and nearly-new lawn, garden, patio, outdoor and other items to sell at a live auction being held at the Putnam County 4-H Fair.
Here are some examples of the types of items we are looking for:
- New items or nearly-new items that are clean and in good working condition such as:
- Lawn & garden equipment and tools – tractor, cart, rotor-tiller, weed-whackers
- Lawn & garden products – compost, firewood and more
- Landscape & garden art – arbor, topiary, sundial, decorative planter, birdfeeder, etc.
- Patio items – patio furniture, porch rocker, Adirondack chair, fire pit
- Leisure living – picnic baskets, weekend getaways
- Sporting goods – fishing equipment, golf equipment, kayak, rowboat
- 50’s Classics – vintage home goods, collectible toys and more
- Gift certificates for products / services from local businesses & restaurants; min. value $25
- Tickets to sporting events and activities, concerts, Broadway shows, and theaters
- Professional Services – landscape design consultation, auto detailing, and more
- Or, something else you think would make a great auction item
The auction proceeds will help support our Putnam County Cornell Cooperative Extension 4-H Youth Development, Environmental, and Community & Economic Vitality education programs.
To recognize your generosity business & individuals donating items will be acknowledged in the Auction Program, unless you wish to remain anonymous.
Your charitable donation of auction items is tax deductible to the extent allowed by IRS regulations.
We will pick up donation items within Putnam, Northern Westchester & Southern Dutchess Counties.
To donate an item or service call Cornell Cooperative Extension of Putnam County at 845-278-6738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We Will Not Accept:
- Items in poor or nonworking condition
- Registered motor craft without a title or with a title-lien
- Upholstered furniture
- Used appliances & air conditioners
- Used computers & printers
- Used electronic equipment
- Wine & liquor
- Perishable foods & items
Whether you donate something or not -please join us for a late afternoon of fun at the 4-H Fair Auction followed by the Annual Chicken Barbecue.
Attention Wizards, Witches and even Muggles! Harry Potter Fans of ALL AGES are welcome to attend “A Day at Hogwarts: Celebrating 20 Magical Years of Harry Potter!” This celebration is in honor of the 20th anniversary of the release of “Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone.” Please join us for festivities including House Sorting, Wand Making and Spells, History of Magic (trivia), Herbology, Divination and more!
A Day at Hogwarts will be held on Saturday, June 24 from 1-3PM at the Cultural Arts Coalition’s Studio Around the Corner at 67 Main Street in Brewster, NY. Free Admission. Feel free to come in costume! Muggles are welcome! RSVP: www.CulturalArtsCo.com, email@example.com or 845-363-8330
Friday , Saturday , Sunday, May 26,27,28, 2017
- Putnam County Joint Veterans Council-
John Morris Memorial Watchfire Vigil, each night
6 PM-6AM May 26,27,28 Opening Ceremony Friday the 26th at 7:00 PM
Flag Retirement through out the Vigil.
Sunday May 28, 2017
- VFW Post 1374 & Auxiliary, Carmel &
American Legion Post 270-
9:30 AM Ceremony at monument on Terryhill Road, Kent
11:00 AM Ceremony at Post Home 32 Gleneida Ave, Carmel
Refreshments to follow 11:30 Ceremony
Monday May 29, 2017
- VFW Post 391, Putnam Valley-
11:00 AM Ceremony Putnam Valley Town Hall
12:00 Ceremony Lake Peekskill Monument (Chester Place)
1:00 PM Ceremony Post Home 153 Oscawanna Lake Road
Refreshments to follow 1:00 PM ceremony at Post Home
2:00PM Start of “Round of Honor”. Visiting grave sites, cemeteries, and monuments in vicinity, including Lakeland High School, Bill Mangero Park
- VFW Post 672, Brewster-
Parade from Brewster Fire House to Electrozone Field (step off 11:00 AM)
Ceremony at Electrazone Field following parade
Light Lunch to follow at Post Home on Peaceable Hill Road
- VFW Post & Ladies Auxiliary 5491 Mahopac & American Legion Post 1080-
Parade from Clarke Place to Veterans Memorial Park on East Lake Blvd. (step off 10:00 AM)
Ceremony to follow at Monument
American Legion Post 1080 Ceremony at noon following VFW
Ceremony at 333 Buckshollow Road
Refreshments to follow at VFW Post home
154 East Lake Blvd & at the Legion Post 333 Buckshollow Rd.
- VFW Post 9257& Ladies Auxiliary & AMVET Post 1111 Putnam Lake-
Parade and Ceremony at The Monument located at the intersec-tion of Fairfield and Haviland Dr.
10:00- parade step off from The Castle Building located on Haviland Dr.
Refreshments to be served at VFW 9257, located at 4 Fairfield Dr, Patterson NY 12563
(Note: this year marks the 70th anniversary of the founding of the post!! Our lone surging charter member, Joseph Garcia, will be recognized during the ceremony. )
- VFW Post 2362 and American Legion Post 275 Cold Spring-
9:00 AM step off at 85 Main St, Cold Spring Village Hall, to Veterans Memorial on Mains St, then onto the Old Cold Spring Cemetery (Revolutionary War), then to Nelsonville Town Hall. Ceremony at each location. Refreshments to follow at American Legion/VFW Hall on Cedar Street.
- VFW Post 8013, Somers-
Annual Memorial Day Parade and Remembrance Ceremony. Step off 10:00 AM from Somers Middle School to Ivandell Cemetery.
( Somers Post is part of the Putnam County Council VFW)
- American Legion Post 1542, Patterson-
10:00 AM walk from Post home to monument on Rt. 311 for ceremony. Refreshments to follow at Post Home.
Tuesday May 30, 2016:
- Putnam County Joint Veterans Council– 6:00 PM Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park
Ceremony at Electrozone Field following parade.
Light Lunch to follow at post home on Peaceable Hill Road
Ticket Prices: $25.00 plus tax
Rain or Shine Event
At the door $29.00
June 2nd: Summer BBQ Kick Off Shilelagh Law
June 9th: Evolution Journey Tribute
June 16th: Hindenburg – Led Zeppelin Tribute
June 23rd: Chain of Fools