OUR NEW LICENSING DATABASE DOES NOT ALLOW US TO GENERATE A LIST OF CURRENTLY LICENSED TRADESMEN AT THIS TIME. PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AT (845) 808-1617, x46026 TO CONFIRM THE LICENSE STATUS OF A TRADESMAN.
2023 Master Plumbing and Mechanical Trades renewal application is now available.
2022-2024 Journeyman renewal application is now available.
As of August 24, 2020, you are no longer required to have your forms notarized.
Effective January 1, 2018: The Putnam County Plumbing and Mechanical Trades Board will no longer accept test results from Westchester County for plumbing licenses. This does not apply to anyone from Westchester County who currently has a Putnam County test waiver license. Plumbers seeking a new Putnam County plumbing license will have to take the examination. (Posted 11/27/2017)
To issue County wide Plumbing, Heating, HVAC, Well Drilling, Pump Installers, Water Treatment and LP Gas Installers Licenses and Certification to related trades. The Plumbing and Mechanical Trades Board has cognizance and control of granting, issuing, suspending, revoking and canceling all licenses to engage in trades, business or calling of various trades under this board.
Exams are usually held the 3rd Saturday of each month at:
16 Mount Ebo Road S., Suite 18
Brewster, NY 10509
- Resolution #189- Amending Plumbing Law (Oct 5 2021)
- Current Plumbing/Mechanical Trades Law
- Resolution #164- Amending Plumbing Law (July 2018)
- Resolution #46- Amending Plumbing Law (March 2018)
- Plumbing/Mechanical Trades Fee & Civil Penalty Schedule (adopted October 2017)
- Memo regarding 2016-2018 Journeyman Renewals – No Proof of Employment Form required