In preparing for the current storm, Putnam County Government is closing all non-essential departments at 1pm today.
With this storm, there is every possibility some of you may lose power. Please be sure you have essential items on hand, charge your cell phones and electronic devices. Also, do not forget your senior neighbors and family members.
Homeowners who have generators should heed the following safety suggestions to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning: Run generators outside, downwind of structures and never run a generator indoors. Deadly carbon monoxide gas from the generator’s exhaust can spread throughout enclosed spaces. Keep children away from generators at all times.
Please be safe. Do not plan to drive anywhere unless there is a real emergency. Remember, there are people set in place throughout the County to help in these kinds of weather-related emergencies. If you must travel, make sure you have an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle. Remember, unnecessary travel will hamper the ability of local municipalities and the County Highway Department to clear Putnam’s roads.