The Mission of The PCBES:
The Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Services is dedicated to provide prompt and efficient emergency assistance to residents and visitors of Putnam County.
The Bureau maintains a county-wide communications organization and is responsible for the operations and maintenance of the enhanced 911 system. The Bureau plans for response, remediation/mitigation and recovery from natural and manmade disasters including those resulting from biological, nuclear, incendiary, chemical and explosive causes.
The Bureau manages and administers a program of quality training for Fire and EMS agencies in accordance with State and Federal guidelines, manages an advanced life support system, maintains a stockpile of emergency supplies and equipment as may be required. The Bureau also oversees a variety of special response teams who are prepared and equipped to respond to any situation or event.
- Carmel Ambulence Open House Saturday, May 25th 9am-3pm
- Bureau of Emergency Services welcomes it’s new Deputy Commissioner Bob Lipton!
- Explorer Weekends at the NYS Fire Academy
- Putnam County NY Air Standby Policy In Service 2012
- FD-Preparedness Weather Emergencies
- Sunday Announcements: May 19th, 2013
- U.S. fire administration acknowledges the new fire service ethics statement
- Firefighter Emergency Escape Systems
- 911 Flyer