PCBES: The Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Services is dedicated to provide prompt and efficient emergency assistance to residents and visitors of Putnam County.
The Bureau maintains a county-wide communications organization and is responsible for the operations & maintenance of the Enhanced 911 system. The Bureau Emergency Management directorate plans for response, remediation / mitigation and recovery from natural and manmade disasters including those resulting from biological, nuclear, incendiary, chemical and explosive causes.
The Bureau manages and administrates a program of quality training for Fire and EMS agencies in accordance with State and Federal guidelines, manages an advanced life support system, maintains a stockpile of emergency Supplies and Equipment as may be required and oversees a variety of special response teams – who are prepared and equip to respond to any situation of event.
- BES Memo for Legislation signed by Governor Cuomo regarding volunteer fire departments to conduct checks for sex offendes status
- Press Release: 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance
- 2014 DEC Forestry Grant
- Putnam County Housing Corporation First Responders Survey
- Sunday Announcements: August 24th, 2014
- 911 Flyer
- NYS DOH Ebola Info for EMS
PUTNAM COUNTY PARADES FOR THE REMAINDER OF 2014:
MAHOPAC FD – Saturday Aug. 23 2:00 pm
“100th Anniversary Parade”
Behind Kmart Shopping Plaza down Route Six
to the MFD – Block Party to follow
Start times listed – lineup is earlier / roads close prior.