PCBES: The Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Services is dedicated to provide prompt and efficient emergency assistance to residents and visitors of Putnam County.
The Bureau maintains a county-wide communications organization and is responsible for the operations & maintenance of the Enhanced 911 system. The Bureau Emergency Management directorate plans for response, remediation / mitigation and recovery from natural and manmade disasters including those resulting from biological, nuclear, incendiary, chemical and explosive causes.
The Bureau manages and administrates a program of quality training for Fire and EMS agencies in accordance with State and Federal guidelines, manages an advanced life support system, maintains a stockpile of emergency Supplies and Equipment as may be required and oversees a variety of special response teams – who are prepared and equip to respond to any situation of event.
- NY EXC Law 837-0: NY Code- Section 837-0: “Search for an arson conviction records of volunteer firefighter applicants”
- Volunteer Fire Companies will soon be required to Screen Applicants for Prior Sex Offenses
- BES Memo for Legislation signed by Governor Cuomo regarding volunteer fire departments to conduct checks for sex offendes status
- PCHC Credit County Letter 9-23-14
- Sunday Announcements: December 21st, 2014
- CDC Enterovirus D68 information
- 911 Flyer
- NYS DOH Ebola Info for EMS
- The Blue Light: Nov/Dec 2014, Volume 29 Issue 6