The County Finance Department performs the following functions:
- Tax Collection, including collecting delinquent taxes, providing tax information to the public and to other departments and governments, and determining amounts to pay for county, town, village, school and special district taxes. They also maintain county tax records for the public.
- Budgeting, including providing assistance to county departments in preparing their budgets and coordinating the budgeting process to ensure that all county deadlines for submission to the County Executive and Legislature are met.
- Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Producing Financial Statements and Information, including financial analyses
- Acquisition of Property for Unpaid Taxes
- Providing Certificates of Residence for individuals who want to attend a community college outside of Putnam County at a reduced tuition.
The Commissioner of Finance collects delinquent taxes and the second half of a partial school tax payment. When making payments due to the Commissioner, the check should be made payable to the Commissioner of Finance and mailed to:
Commissioner of Finance
40 Gleneida Ave
Carmel, NY 10512