PLUMBING & MECHANICAL TRADES BOARD LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
Return the completed, signed and notarized application along with the following:
- Insurance (see Putnam County Insurance Requirements).
- License and Permit Bond in the amount of $25,000.00 naming the County of Putnam as Obligee;
one-year term (original only-copy will not be accepted).
- A check or money order in the appropriate amount made payable to the Putnam County Commissioner of Finance (see Fee Schedule). Payments may be made at our office using credit/debit cards. Note: We cannot take credit/debit card payments over the phone.
- Send to: Putnam County Plumbing Board, 110 Old Route 6, Bldg. #3, Carmel, NY 10512
PLEASE NOTE: One vehicle decal will be issued with each license. Additional decals can be purchased for $6.00 each, with accompanying vehicle registration. Every company vehicle working within Putnam County MUST display a decal.
Signs shall be required on both side panels of all vehicles working within Putnam County. The sign MUST INCLUDE: the License Holder’s License Number AND the company name or d/b/a that is registered with Putnam County. Magnetic signage is allowed.
Any incomplete application received will be returned and considered invalid.
NO WORK MAY BE STARTED UNTIL ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE MET AND A VALID LICENSE ISSUED. VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECT TO A FINE AND PROSECUTION.
- Master Plumber: 9 years working in the trade AND pass Putnam County test.
- Master HVAC: 7 years working in the trade, possess EPA 2 or 3 card, AND pass Putnam County test.
- Master LP Gas Installer: 5 years experience in trade, proof of completion of CETP, AND pass Putnam County test.
- Master Heating: 7 years experience in the trade AND pass Putnam County test.
- Master Sheet Metal: 7 years experience in trade AND pass Putnam County test.
- Master Well Water & Pump: 2 years experience in the drilling industry AND pass 2 tests with the National Ground Water Association, Water Systems Council or New York Department of Conservation.
- Master Water Treatment: 2 years experience in the water treatment industry, AND pass 2 exams given by the Water Quality Association.
- N.O.R.A. Certification (work on oil burners ONLY): 5 years experience and a N.O.R.A. Silver Certification Card or higher.
- Sprinkler Systems: 5 years experience and 2 classes with National Fire Sprinkler Association.
- Geothermal Well Drilling: 2 years experience in the drilling industry and pass 2 examinations given by the National Ground Water Conservation and successfully complete the Master Geothermal HVAC examination. Additional Information – Vertically-drilled geothermal wells are to be drilled by a DEC New York State certified well driller.
- Refrigeration: 7 years experience in the performance of HVAC installation, maintenance and repair. EPA Universal card and successful completion of Master Refrigeration examination
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE REVIEWED AND APPROVED BEFORE AN EXAMINATION WILL BE SCHEDULED
$150.00 application fee (to be paid prior to taking test)
$75.00 re-application fee (to be paid prior to re-testing)
$500.00 license fee (to be paid when license is issued)
PLEASE RETURN APPLICATION SIGNED AND NOTARIZED TO: Putnam County Plumbing/Mechanical Trades Board
110 Old Route 6, Bldg. #3 Carmel, NY 10512
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE REVIEWED AND APPROVED BEFORE AN EXAMINATION WILL BE SCHEDULED.
PUTNAM COUNTY INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
THE FOLLOWING MUST APPEAR ON EACH INSURANCE CERTIFICATE:
UNDER THE CERTIFICATE HOLDER SECTION:
Putnam County Plumbing/Mechanical Trades Board
110 Old Route 6, Bldg. #3
Carmel, NY 10512
ADDITIONALLY, IN THE SPACE (DESCRIPTION OF OPERATION/LOCATIONS) ON THE INSURANCE CERTIFICATE, IT MUST BE NOTED AS FOLLOWS:
“PUTNAM COUNTY IS INCLUDED AS AN ADDITIONAL INSURED UNDER THE CONTRACTORS GENERAL LIABILITY POLICY.”
THE KINDS OF INSURANCE, LIMITS, AND/OR CONDITIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Workers’ Compensation— Statutory—covering all operations and all locations involved in the contract. (Also New York State Disability Benefits)
- Commercial General Liability—covering all operations and all locations involved in the contract, including the following coverages:
- $2,000,000.00- General Aggregate
- $10,000.00- Medical Expense Limit
- $1,000,000.00- Personal & Advertising Injury Limit
- $1,000,000.00- Each Occurrence
- $2,000,000.00- Products/Completed Operations Aggregate
- $50,000.00- Fire Damage Legal Liability Limit
STANDARD INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS AND INDEMNIFICATION REQUIREMENT:
All policies and certificates of insurance of the contractor shall contain the following clauses:
Putnam County is named as an additional insured and as Certificate Holder. Insurers shall have no right of recovery or subrogation against the County of Putnam (including its agents and agencies), it being the intention of the parties that for any and all losses covered by the above described insurance.
The Clause “other insurance provisions” in a policy in which the County of Putnam is named as an additional insured, shall not apply to the County of Putnam.
The insurance companies issuing the policy or policies shall have no recourse against the County of Putnam (including its agents or agencies) for payment of any premiums or for assessments under any form of policy.
Any and all deductibles in the above described insurance policies shall be assumed by and be for the account of, and at the risk of the contractor.