“I believe this [law] was a great step forward in protecting our citizens from harm’s way,” “There is no longer any question that we had the right to respect the personal privacy of our residents.”
Dennis Sant – Putnam County Clerk
“The Governor and the state legislature saw the logic and recognized the merit of our stand and as a result, state laws were changed,” “The text of this law reaffirms our position that the importance of protecting an individual’s privacy far exceeds any unfettered ‘right to know.”
MaryEllen Odell – Putnam County Executive
1-3-2013 County Executive MaryEllen Odell Press Conference
Here is a collection of news resources and valuable information
- Take a look at the video footage from fox news here
- County Executive MaryEllen’s Interview
- County Clerk Dennis Sant’s interview
- Journal News exposure is ‘reckless’ and puts all citizens at risk – Article with Additional Links and resources.
- Journal News direct link to Gun Debate section on lohud.com
- Click here for County Executive MaryEllen Odell’s press release 1/22/2013
- Governor Cuomo’s Gun Bill that was signed on 1/21/2013 Enacts the NY Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act of 2013.
- Putnam County Pistol License holder FOIL “Opt Out” form